Acoustic Doors & Acoustic Windows
Effective acoustic doors and acoustic window systems are important to consider when trying to stop the passage of noise in or out of an enclosed space. Commonly used in engine test cells, dynamometer rooms, mechanical rooms, music practice rooms, audiometric test rooms, acoustic product testing rooms, and broadcast and recording studios, acoustic doors and acoustic windows keep the noise out.
Acoustical Performance – STC Ratings
Short for Sound Transmission Class, the STC rating determines the amount of noise reduction that occurs. STC ratings is measured by how well airborne sound is attenuated. Every application requires a certain amount of noise reduction, and O’Neill Engineered Systems can help identify the necessary rating based on your needs.
- Acoustic doors are offered in the following performance levels: STC 51, 53, 55, 61, and STC 64.
- Acoustic windows are STC 35, 53, 57, 58, and STC 59 rated.
- Our acoustic door & acoustic window systems can achieve near-soundproof performance
Optimal Construction & Operation
OES acoustic windows and acoustic doors are produced as an engineered system. Each complete system includes leaf, split-frame, seals, hinges, and latching hardware and every door and window is factory assembled and functionally tested for alignment, fit, and ease of operation prior to shipment. This reduces installation costs and virtually eliminates in-field construction errors that can affect performance.
Or Call Us
Industrial Acoustic Door Features:
Acoustic door specifications, performance and flexibility includes:
- No size limitations; our acoustic doors are made to order
- Certified Performance
- Pre-hung and fully factory assembled
- Our near-soundproof acoustic doors achieve STC 51, 53, 55, 61, and STC 64 performance ratings.
- UL fire ratings of 20 min, 45 min, 60 min, 90 min, and 3 hours
- Blast-resistance ratings to 3psi
- Radio Frequency Shielding of 50 dB and 100 dB
- Veneered acoustic wood door options available.
- Security rated SCIF that meets ICD 705, JAFAN 6/9 and TEMPEST requirements
- ADA compliant
- Multiple sized options of Vision Panels, supported with laboratory test data
- Industry-leading fabrication times and quick-ship programs
Industrial Acoustic Windows
Acoustic window specifications, performance and flexibility includes:
- Certified Performance
- Design flexibility with all windows available in standard and custom sizes or designs
- Steel construction
- Fully factory assembled
- UL fire, bullet and angled pan options available
- STC ratings from 35 to 59
- Noise reduction NIC 30 – 54 dB
- Sound absorbing liner: pre-finished
- Factory assembled including glazing
- Retrofit fasteners
- Sized to fit any wall thickness
- Integrates with all types of construction (drywall, studs, concrete, masonry)
Industry-leading Acoustical Features:
- Self-aligning magnetic seals assure long life and high field performance even under constant use.
- Cam-lift hinges lower and seal the sound control door to the floor eliminating high-maintenance, automatic drop seals.
- No-sill condition facilitates wheel-chair access and all doors conform to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Split Frames eliminate in-field grouting to achieve the specified acoustic performance and provide time-saving installation.
- Construction damage to system is minimized because door assembly is installed during the finish-phase of construction.
Contact O’Neill Engineered Systems Today
We supply acoustic doors and acoustic windows for a variety of different applications within several industries. Our experts can assist in finding and implementing the best acoustical solutions for you. For additional information or to get started, call us at (262) 367-6700 or select the contact button below.
Popular applications for this product include:
Our Service Offerings
O'Neill Engineered Systems, Inc. offers complete noise control solutions to suit your specific needs. Click on one of our services below to learn more about what we can offer you.
Click on a PDF below to download technical brochures with detailed specifications, images, graphs and more.