Floating Floor, Wall & Ceiling Systems
Floating floors, floating walls, and floating ceilings are a means of vibrationally isolating these structures from the surrounding construction. They are used to
- Reduce the transmission of noise and vibration from mechanical equipment onto a building structure, support
- Isolate and suspend mechanical equipment
- Protect equipment from damage during seismic activity.
O’Neill can provide the technical assistance in selecting a floating floor, wall, and ceiling as well as in specification development of a tailor-made isolation system to meet the requirements of the project.
Or Call Us
Concrete & Wood-Framed Ceiling Isolation Systems
- Maximum natural frequency of 4.4 Hz under lightest typical load conditions
- Inexpensive installation
- Spring/neoprene cup combination improves performance against low-frequency noise
- Meets code requirements (STC/IIC 50) while maximizing height
- Various attachment methods allow for installation on a variety of ceiling structures
- UL design L581 offers 1-hour fire rating for typical wood-framed ceiling composities
Floating Floor Systems
- Easy installation
- Design for any load range
- Easy to create 1″, 2″, 3″, and 4″ airspaces
- Fast, simple, inexpensive installation
- Natural Frequency constant over a wide load range
- Proven effective for vibration mitigation of intense impact noises, in gyms, weight rooms, bowling alleys, and sensitive instrumentation spaces.
- In-field acoustical testing yielded results of FIIC 72, FSTC 61 for a vented floating floor
- Load capacities offered in either fiberglass or neoprene isolators
- Withstands live loads up to 1000 psf
Wall Isolation Systems
- Easy installation
- Engineered for a wide range of studwall loads
- Maintains acoustical ratings per ASTM C 919 and ASTM E 497
- Testing to UL 263 (ASTM E119) and UL 1479 (ASTM E814)
Popular applications for this product include:
Our Service Offerings
O'Neill Engineered Systems, Inc. offers complete noise control solutions to suit your specific needs. Click on one of our services below to learn more about what we can offer you.
Click on a PDF below to download technical brochures with detailed specifications, images, graphs and more.