Noise enclosures, (also referred to as acoustic enclosures), are a key design element in bringing industrial, process, and manufacturing facilities to safer noise levels for a better work environment.
Designed to capture the noise source or the people impacted by the noise, the proper design of a noise enclosure will account for operator and maintenance access, ventilation, safety codes, air quality and egress, and possible needs for future expansion.
Industrial & Environmental Applications
Applications that significantly benefit from acoustic enclosures includes Control Rooms, Plastic Granulators, In-Line Product Test Stations, Backup Power Generators, Compressors, Manufacturing Equipment, Positive Displacement Blowers, Test Chambers, Vacuum Blowers, Air-Cooled Chillers, Cooling Towers, Wastewater Treatment Plants, Generators, Fans, and Blowers.
Or Call Us
O’Neill noise enclosures consist of pre-engineered, modular acoustical metal panels (“building blocks”) that can be configured and assembled into a wide variety of structures used to control and reduce excessive noise levels in industrial, commercial, institutional and community environments. Moduline is particularly suited for applications requiring a high degree of noise reduction of 40 decibels or more combined with rugged durability. Moduline is particularly well suited to:
- Integration of lighting, ventilation, fire fighting systems, air-conditioning, etc.
- Available sound and vibration isolating floor systems
- Designs for interior and exterior installation sites
- Available Noise-Lock® sound control door & window systems
- Installation services that can be included in IAC Acoustics’ scope of supply
Acoustic Enclosure Walls, Ceilings & Floors
- Moisture protection for absorption materials prevents entrapment of volatile or corrosive liquids
- Noise-Foil® sound absorption system reduces reverberant build-up within existing “hard” structures
- Optional Fire-Noise-Lock® construction provides certification of 1.5 hour fire rating — all components shipped with UL label
Acoustic Enclosure Doors & Other Accessories
- Single and double-leaf “Cam-Lift”, no-sill personnel doors. Clear opening to 8′ x 14′ (2438 x 4267 mm). Special designs for larger openings available.
- Panic hardware
- Manual and automated single and double-leaf sliding doors
- Removable panel details — all hardware captive
- Access plugs for local access
- Double-glazed window units provide visibility at no loss of acoustic integrity
- UL fire-rated doors — 3 hours — up to 42″ x 90″ (1067 x 2286 mm) single-leaf clear opening. 84″ x 90″ (2134 x 2286 mm) double-leaf clear opening.
Acoustic Enclosure Standard Materials
- Cold-rolled solid steel and galvanized steel with a durable powder coated finish
Sound Enclosure Ventilation
- Acoustically compatible systems — 100 -10,000 cfm (170 -17,000 m3 / hr)
- Wide range of acoustically and aerodynamically rated silencers for normal & most exacting requirements
Optional Sound Enclosure Materials
- All galvanized construction
- Special stainless constructions — contact IAC Acoustics for additional details
Fire Resistance Ratings
Fire-Noise-Lock™ panels ship with UL labels certifying 1-hour (solid side) and 1.5-hour (absorptive side) fire ratings. Doors are certified and ship with UL fire ratings available up to 3 hours.
Moduline structures and components can be designed to withstand blast loads, with doors remaining operable after blast — please contact the factory for details.
Popular applications for this product include:
Our Service Offerings
O'Neill Engineered Systems, Inc. offers complete noise control solutions to suit your specific needs. Click on one of our services below to learn more about what we can offer you.
Click on a PDF below to download technical brochures with detailed specifications, images, graphs and more.