Sound Barrier Walls
Durable Indoor/Outdoor Sound-Absorbing Panel System for Residential & Commercial Applications
Harnessing tried-and-true sound absorbing materials, our sound barrier walls (or sound fences) are designed to block high noise levels from indoor or outdoor machinery and equipment. Indoor sources may include air compressors, turret presses, punch presses, and many others, while outdoor sources—which can severely impact the surrounding community—include electrical transformers, dust collectors, cooling towers, and chiller units.
Excellent Acoustic Performance & Attractive Designs
Each sound barrier exhibits excellent field and laboratory tested noise absorption and transmission loss (used for 125 Hz insertion loss up to 10 dB; STC-30 to STC-33 and NRC 1.00 to NRC 1.05), and can be designed with absorptive surfaces on one or both sides.
Every 5-inch thick modular sound absorbing panel is dual-coated with galvanized steel or aluminum and is engineered to meet wind loads as required by code (our noise barriers can withstand wind speeds of up to 110 mph), making each noise barrier highly abuse resistant. This rugged construction makes them ideal for either ground-level or roof-mounted outdoor applications.
Or Call Us
Each sound barrier wall is engineered from the foundation up for structural and acoustical integrity and economical installation. Low-weight slats easily stack between posts to achieve required wall heights and are able to span supports of up to 20 feet (depending on local codes and wind-speeds).
Durable & Aesthetically Accurate
Sound barrier fence panels can be installed horizontally or vertically to satisfy aesthetic and architectural considerations and are finished with a tough, thermosetting, polyester powder coating, which cannot be damaged by the harsh cleaning chemicals typically used to remove spray-paint graffiti. A wide variety of standard colors allow complementary decorative schemes and attractive designs to reduce apparent wall height as perceived by the community.
All steel and aluminum sound barriers are constructed with solid-top surfaces to limit water infusion and perforated bottoms to release any trapped water.
Acoustic Sound Panel Durability Ratings
All of our noise barriers have been subjected to harsh environmental testing, so you know your investment will last. Tests (and acquired ratings) include:
- ASTM G 23 – accelerated weathering testing for 2,400 hours
- ASTM D 659 – chalking testing for 2,400 hours, no less than No. 8 rating
- ASTM D 2244 – color testing for 2,400 hours, less than 5 NBS units
- ASTM B 115 – salt spray tested for more than 4,000 hours without coating failure to check for blistering, loss of adhesion, or evidence of corrosion
“Type C” panels are designed to encase existing non-absorbing barriers to transform them into effective sound barrier walls, while “Type FS” and “Type SFS” panels are used for freestanding noise barrier walls that reduce sound transmission and increase noise absorption ratings.
Addition Features & Benefits
- Sound absorptive on one or two sides
- Non-welded galvanized steel or aluminum panels – offers excellent weather and corrosion resistance in addition to superior sound insulation
- Light Weight
- Easily Installed
- Highly Sound Absorptive
- Weather-Tested Finishes
- Freestanding or Add-on Cladding Panels
- Easily relocatable
- Horizontal or Vertical Installation
- Apply to new or existing wood, concrete or steel barriers to reduce reflected noise levels in the community
- Retrofit existing barriers to eliminate or mitigate noise complaints
- Laboratory-rated sound absorption coefficients
- 2-1/2” (64 mm) thick metal module system
- Individual modules readily manufactured and replaced if damaged
Popular applications for this product include:
Our Service Offerings
O'Neill Engineered Systems, Inc. offers complete noise control solutions to suit your specific needs. Click on one of our services below to learn more about what we can offer you.